At Mint Ventures – and working in partnership with the broader business angel community in Scotland and beyond – we’re on a mission to encourage many more women to become angel investors.
Despite women holding over half of the the UK’s wealth, only 14% of business angel investors in the UK are women.
The barriers to more women investing are not financial – they are cultural. Women clearly have the wealth and the business skills. But when it comes to angel investing, women often don’t have access to the same relevant networks as men do, and it can be difficult to know where and how to start.
Join us to become connected, educated, inspired and start angel investing.
Access to Finance for Women
There are numerous personal benefits of becoming a business angel investor – here’s a few below to inspire you:
- Potential opportunity to make a return on your financial investment
- Helping the future lifeblood of the economy by supporting innovative new ideas
- Using your transferable skills to support small companies to grow
- Tax benefits of receiving 30 – 50% of investment amount back in tax relief
- Personal development by understanding more about innovative new products, services and markets
- Meeting like-minded people
- Invest from as little as £2000 per annum and add to your investment mix of ISAs, property and pensions
With as little as £2000 and a small amount of time invested, as a woman business angel you really can make an incredible difference in supporting innovative new companies, holding an inexperienced entrepreneur’s hands to help spur them on to greater heights, and inspire both current and future generations to come.